JUNE 17 - 23, 2018
Sunday, June 17
- Ride with Dad – Let's take Dad on a bike ride on the Fox River Trail. We'll ride to East Dundee and back. You can grab a tasty treat from Vans Frozen Custard or DQ at the turnaround point. Meet in the north parking lot of Gail Borden Library, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Monday, June 18
- Family Zumba – Get your body moving and your heart pumping through dance with instructor, Elizabeth Satelo. South Elgin Branch Library, 2:00 - 3:00 pm.
- Ride with UUCE – We'll join UUCE Church cyclists on an exploration ride of Elgin area trails. Meet in the parking lot at the southwest corner of Kimball and Grove, near the Pioneer Memorial Statue. The ride leaves at 5:30 pm.
Tuesday, June 19
- Yoga with Danae – Walk, bike or move yourself to South Elgin for some yoga! South Elgin Branch Library, 5:30 - 6:30 pm
- Active Transportation: mobility through walking, biking and public transportation – Join Parker Thompson from Elgin Bike Hub to explore how we can make active transportation a first-order option, so that walking and biking are safe, viable ways to move about our flourishing city with equitable access to longer, healthier, happier lives. Rakow Branch Library, 6:00 - 7:00 pm
Wednesday, June 20
- Bike Maintenance – Learn basic bike maintenance tips and ask questions. Greg Anderson from Spin Doctor Cyclewerks will share his expertise. South Elgin Branch Library, 2:00 - 3:00 pm.
- Bike Maintenance – Robert Noe will offer simple bike maintenance tips for young riders. All ages welcome. Rakow Branch Library, 2:00 - 3:00 pm.
- Movie Night – Join in watching Road to Roubaix. The film documents the chaos, the dirt, the panache and luck it takes just to survive the race. Enjoy food and beverages at the Elgin Public House while watching the film. Upstairs in Club 217, 6:30 pm start.
Thursday, June 21
- Yoga for Cyclists – This class will take bike riders through appropriate postures, warm up and recovery stretches. Rakow Branch Library, 6:30 - 7:30 pm
Friday, June 22
- Meet us at the Farmers Market – Visit the BPAC/Elgin Bike Hub booth at the Elgin Farmers Market. You'll enjoy the festive feel of the new location of the market on South Grove Avenue, between DuPage Court and Spring St. The market is open from 3:00 - 7:00 pm
Saturday, June 23
- Biking to the Library Day – Ride your bike to Rakow Branch or South Elgin Branch and get a sweet treat. South Elgin and Rakow Branch Libraries, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Bike Drive for Working Bikes of Chicago – Give your old bikes new life by redistributing them as tools of empowerment in local and global communities. Rakow Branch Library, 9:30 am - Noon.
For an added experience...
- Swedish Days Ride – Register for the Fox Valley Bike & Ski Club's Swedish Days Ride. Now in it's 49th year, the Swedish Days ride remains one of the premier road bike tours held in the Chicago area. To register, go to www.fvbsc.org